Fall has unofficially arrived - weather wise anyway. At the end of last week it was a warm and humid 90+ and then a storm blew through on Saturday afternoon that left us with chilly temps during the day and downright COLD at night! I'm not a fan! I could use some warmth for another month or so....However, it is really nice to have the air off and the windows and doors open with the fresh air flowing through - even it is is chilly!
On other fronts, we're still waiting to move into our new house. Steve has been working with Mike a lot lately (who is the current owner of our new place) and putting tiny bugs in his ears that we are definitely ready to move in as soon as he's willing ot let us. He's still got some odds and ends in the house he needs to move out and he would like to lower the bathroom ceiling and put in an exhaust fan before he will give us the keys. They have been moved out since 4th of July weekend and in my head I keep thinking "What's the damn hold up!?!?!" It's rather frustrating.
The kids started a new school year a few weeks ago and so far things are going really good in that area.
I started a new diet and exercise program at the beginning of August (more exercise than diet) and so far I have lost 13lbs - technically 15 but I gained 2lbs before I started really logging the food...
I'm not really "dieting" per se but I am watching what I eat more closely - logging my calories every day - which makes it easier to not eat so much junk. I bought an elliptical machine that I have been working out on almost daily and now that it's not unbearably hot outside the last couple weeks I have been able to get out and walk a couple miles when the mood strikes. It feels good to workout. I went a few days last week without any exercise and hardly eating any food and I could feel a HUGE difference in my body. It's nice to be back to normal this week. I'm hoping to really lose this weight this time around. So far I'm doing great, I just hope I can keep it up. I know I CAN, it's just a matter of actually doing it.
My goal for August was to lose 10lbs - I lost 13lbs. My goal for September is to be down 25lbs - so 12 more to go and I will reach that! I'd like to see myself go over 25lbs if I can manage it! My overall goal is to drop 70lbs by the end of the year and a grand total of 130lbs by by Summer 2012. It's a really big goal, but it helps to go by tiny goals on a monthly basis. If I don't reach it, I won't quit - but if I do reach it, then I will keep maintaining. If I'm down at least 75-80lbs by April of 2012 then Steve and I will start TTC with a vengeance again.
I have started 3 cycles on my own since March. That's pretty huge for me considering I NEVER start a cycle on my own. They are still a bit wonky and painful - but I'm doing it on my own and that's what counts right now.
Other than that, there's really not a lot more going on....
Hope the blogging world and everyone else has had a wonderful summer and that it continues throughout Fall and Winter. :)
9.06.2011
Tiny check in
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment