8.21.2008

Jami was right - it WILL all come together - patience Grasshopper!

So in my last post I was freaking out a bit - okay not a BIT - a LOT. I guess I just have those days where the world feels like it's about to crash down around me and I get all flustered and freaked out. :) is this not normal!? LOL Doesn't everyone do this on occasion?
I can say that today - and even yesterday I am feeling much better! I had to take the advice of a friend (well I chose to take it - I wasn't forced) and just step back - breath deep and take a moment to relax - really relax. I took out a lot of that frustration on Steve as well - beat his ass - no I'm just kidding, But I did lay into him on how much I need his help right now - not just his help but his support and understanding - because although he might be excited about this wedding too - men show it differently than women do and I just need him to take it for what it's worth - re-assure me when I need it - help me when he can and stop spending so much damn money on NOTHING. He agreed - we made up - I took a nice long HOT as hell bath - I laid there with an eye mask on - my head laid back on a bath pillow with chamomile scented bubbles, tons of candles lit all around me for soft lighting and a relaxation CD paying in the background for almost an hour - the water was quite cold when I got out! It was blissful and I felt worlds better.

I think I just get overwhelmed when I look at the list of things that need to be done and paid for - basically because they are all things that Steve and I have to pay for - things our parents are not going to help with - it's truly over-whelming at times. Yesterday I spent the entire day in wedding mode - I got 150 complete programs printed and 300 more of them printed on one side - which took me FOREVER as I had to hand feed each sheet into the printer one by one because the paper was too thick to be fed normally. I got all the bridal shower invitations mailed out, I got the Bachelorette party invites printed up and addressed, and I got most of the ribbon I need for the programs and the bubble bottles. I got word from my one of my bestest friends ever, Hope, that the wedding invitations are near completion and will hopefully be here next week - YAY!! I'm so excited to see the wonderful job she did on them - I've seen pictures but just know that the pictures are not doing her works of art and justice. I know that Jami is hard at work finishing up the Guest/scrap book along with taking care of her 4 kids alone while her husband is off hard at work for his job. My sister Cassie informed me that our guest's favors of Can Koozies are being printed as we speak and will be done the first week of September - I'm excited about those as well!! Steve and I met with our priest last night for the first time and will be meeting with him again next week. I'm going tomorrow on a trip to purchase more flowers for the pew decorations and boutonnieres. Gotta love the Hobby Lobby 50% off sales!! LOL

Meeting with our Priest made things feel SO real - he was wonderful - we really liked him a lot. He's funny and very sweet. He's going to make our ceremony wonderful. He gave us our program book to fill out and get back to him - we got to pick out our readings - the prayers that will be said and our vows. Picking out our vows was very exciting and emotional for me - I'm gonna bawl like a freaking baby when I have to say them to Steve on our wedding day - I was teary eyed last night when reading them to him just to pick out! LOL

Anyway - things are coming together - as everyone around me knew they would and I couldn't see - but I realize that this has happened to me more than once - I start to get overwhelmed and freak out and the girls say "It's gonna be ok - it will all come together - take a deep breath and relax - no stress" and at the time I want to believe them and try to - but can't - but then before I know it VIOLA - things start to take shape again. It's like we just hit these little lulls where nothing is happening and I get nervous! Glad this one is over with!


I should be busy with the plans and preparations right now instead of sitting here typing - but after yesterday, I kind of just want a break for all things wedding. It's almost time for the kids to have their sing-a-long time and story time before lunch anyway. maybe we'll go do that - I will have a few laughs and then lunch and nap time - then I can work on a bit of stuff for a while - or maybe even take a nap myself - it's rainy and cloudy out anyway - naps sound delicious right now!

Until next timePhotobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Made with Love by Hope