Good Morning!
So I last wrote back in Feb. Much has happened since then! Because I had a very strange menstrual that began on Feb 18th I decided to forgo taking the fertility pills and just go natural instead - if that didn't work I knew I have an upcoming appt with my doc at the end of March. I was hesitant to do it at first, but then figured, Hell, we've waited this long already, what's one more month? So I just let nature take it's course.
I began charting - which is basically taking my temperature every morning at the same time before getting out of bed, talking etc. and keeping track of what my cervical mucus was like, my cervical position and monitoring my saliva on the fertiliscope. I also started taking the ovulation predictor kits as well. I will post a link to my chart so you can see what that entails at the bottom of this post.
On cycle days(CD)9&10 I had some partial ferning so I thought "OMG here we go! I'm gonna ovulate soon!" Then on CDs 15 & 16 I got very positive ovulation tests (opk) and I knew this was it! I was having a pretty typical cycle ON MY OWN!! My temps were doing what they were supposed to as well! I finally got cross hairs on my chart - which means that my temp now needs to say above a certain degree for at least 18 days for there to be a positive pregnancy. Now this isn't always the case - it could stay up for 18 days then drop on the 19th day and I could start my period. It really all depends on how long a woman's cycle is and we all know I DO NOT have regular cycles usually - but this one seems to be staying typical so far...let's hope it keeps it up! The chart is showing the I ovulated on CD 16 - personally I think it's possible that it happened on CD 14 or 15 and that I got the +OPK because I caught the surge on the way down - but I'm no doctor so who knows. So Im currently 5 days past ovulation or 5dpo - maybe 6 or 7dpo really - but we'll stick with what the chart says for now! :)
I used the special lubricant(pre~seed) that is sperm friendly each time we "baby danced" to ensure that his little 'men' got to where they needed to go.
I've had mild cramping here and there but nothing out of the ordinary. Yesterday I had a bit of pink on the toilet paper when I wiped a couple times but it only lasted for about 2 hours or so and then was gone. I've had a mild backache for a few days and my boobs...well they HURT. They are sensitive to touch, they are sensitive when they rub against my bra or shirt..OUCH they HURT! It sucks to have such sensitive breasts - but it's a GREAT sign!
So now we're in the waiting game - or what we that are tyring to conceive call the 2ww (two week wait) I should know in the next week and a half if this was a successful cycle or not. I have a good feeling about it so far, but we'll see. Keeping my thoughts positive is all I can do right now. I've been taking it as easy as I can the last few days. I'm still doing things as normal but I'm not straining myself physically. I've stopped going to zumba for now as it puts quite the strain on my body when I do it. I miss it like crazy but I want to do whatever I can to make sure that if there's an eggie in there that was fertilized that it gets to where it needs to go - implants and stays put. I refuse to do anything that might make that not happen!
This is a link to my chart - I hope it works!
My Ovulation Chart
It might be difficult for some to read/guage...but this is what I have to do daily! It gets old and sometimes frustrating - but it'll be so worth it when we have our precious son or daughter in our arms!
So that's the news for now. Of course if we test positive for pregnancy it'll be kept 'secret' for as long as we can keep it that way. I have a feeling my loving Husband won't be able to keep his mouth shut - but we'll see! If we are I expect that around Mother's Day it will probably be safe to announce a pregnancy if we're that lucky!
So keep praying for us! We really do appreciate it!!
That's all for now!
3.10.2010
Trying for Baby update!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment